Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Moogfest + Asheville Vacation Photos


This month I went on a 10 day vacation up to Asheville and Hendersonville, North Carolina. I don't really care to write too much about the trip because this isn't a diary and my trip was pretty calm. I spent a lot of my time relaxing and looking up at the sky, but I did get to shoot a bunch of photos that I'm very happy with and I feel that they tell a better story of my vacation than I would by trying to verbally communicate every minute detail. So, to save us all some time, please check out the images I created. I ordered them a little backwards, but the time I spent at Moogfest was a lot of fun and I got to see some pretty legendary performances so I figured we'd start there.

I'm not sure who the artist is in this first photo, I caught the very end of his set but I happened to capture the sunset with the stage and I enjoy the colors. Next, you will see #MIXMASTERMIKE of the #BEASTIEBOYS. He did a great job (of course) and he made sure to hold #MCA in honor every chance he could. It was a truly awesome experience to see him and how he works. It was clear that he is a master of his trade and he had the audience moving the whole time. He played anything from a classic Beastie Boys track to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He felt out the vibe out the Ashevegas crowd goers and gave them a fun party.

You will then see photos of #GiorgioMoroder doing some funky stuff. He looks like he should be behind a giant organ. I also have a couple shots of the jam in the park along with some candids of the people of Asheville. I captured images of Asheville's architecture while walking around; specifically doors, walls and windows that I found to have interesting aesthetics. Moogfest also offered a bunch of fun and colorful installations that were open and free to the public to explore. I took a few photos of the beautiful nature and some of the quirky things I found. Not to mention some amazing mountain views and a creepy long exposure of the Jones Gap Baptist Church.
 
^ The image on the left was taken probably about 8 years ago on 35mm film. This was always one of my favorite photos of mine. This time around I came by with my 5D and searched for this alleyway to get a photo of what the door looks like now. You can see the drastic changes above. 


#moog #moogmusic #moogfest #music #musicnews #photography #blackandwhite #asheville #ashevegas #hendersonville #mountains #nature #architecture #blog #art  #travel #fineartphotography #canon #canonusers #canonphotography #canonphotographers #musicfestival

4 comments:

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL! I love love seeing the world through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see these pictures in ... "Top !0 Most Beautiful Pictures From Asheville, NC"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this?! Thank you for the lovely words. <3

      Delete